Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What kind of spark plugs does Mitsubishi use?

I just got a used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse a few months ago and i was going to change the spark plugs. What kind does Mitsubishi use? I would call but the dealership is closed and I was just curious. Thanks for any help. I was thinking of trying those E3 spark plugs but what would be the absolute best ones to use?|||The absolute BEST plug to use in a Mitsubishi (or any other Japanese car) are the NGKs it was supplied with from the factory. E3s, Bosches and ANYTHING but an NGK or Champion will throw a check engine light. And Champions are JUNK.|||Mark l is absolutely right. I made that mistake a few years ago when I replaced the spark plugs on my '02 Montero Limited. Can't remember what it was but it wasn't NGK. It was one of those more expensive platinum ones. But anyway, after I replaced the old ones, the truck was not running smoothly. Brought it to the dealership and asked them to take a look at it. They replaced the plugs with NGK and lo and behold the truck ran better. What a waste of money and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment