Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I want more horsepower out of my 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, where should I start?

I just bought a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS and I love it. I would like to add some more HP to it though over the next few months. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money and I wouldn't do any of the work myself. I also don't want to mess with the look of the car as I like the way it looks stock. So where should I start and what's the best bang for my buck at the lower levels? Thanks for any input.|||By selling it, and starting with a GST, or GSX.





Ultimately, that IS your best bang for the buck.





You're starting with one of the lowest versions of the Eclipse, and the few cheap things you can do to it, won't improve your horsepower much at all. In the end, to get up to the level of a stock GST, you'll spend more than if you had gotten that car in the first place.|||if you wanna keep this car than turbo intake suspension retuning etc.......... but to have the best the mitsubishi eclipse coupe gt cause it starts with a 263 hp|||A razor sharp stock tune up, with all the maintenance caught up will make YOUR Eclipse different from every other. It will also do more to increase performance than an air filter or a header.|||MSD ignition system AEM air intake and Venom 400 fuel injection. these will give you around 50 more horse. for around $900 hundred dollars. only other option is nitrous system which if not done or used correctly will cause catastrophic failure. or a turbo which will cost around $3000.00 dollars.|||K%26amp;N filter


if you dont want a ricer, id buy a cherry bomb exhaust..


sounds swwweeet on imports and adds muscle! +HP


Venom Perf. Chip|||You can start with basic intake and exhaust. But research the best intake and exhaust parts first if you want to go into cheap.|||nitrous till it goes boooooooooooooom








or just get a cold air intake and cat back exhaust maybe a short shifter and learn to powershift

No comments:

Post a Comment