Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I upgrade my 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4-speed automatic to be like or better than the Evo model?

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer ES with 4-speed automatic transmission. I am very interested in upgradeing my car to be like, if not better than, the Evolution model of this vehicle. Most of the parts I look at imply that they are for the Evolution model. What I want to know is what I would have to do to my car to be able to put in preformance parts such as a turbo, headers, blow off valves, etc. I assume I will have to put in a 5-speed manual tramsmission, is this enough for the types of parts I am interested in? What all do I have to do?|||It would cost more than a lancer evo to buy all the parts you would need to make your like a evo! Your 2wd has basically the same engine but the internal pats wount handle the horsepower for long, then there is the 4wd issue that will cost you about $15,000 to resolve. Point...............Not worth it......go buy a real evo.|||i have an lancer se,and some people said that es cannot be modified.the motor is not enough strong to put a turbo.


but my mechanician said to me that have sometghing to do .try a simple way to put the air more directly to save near 17 hp.


so you have a car with 130 lbs torque.


you can negociate easily a curve at high speed and pass an honda prelude.


dont forget ,the curves is your chance.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ZWJjC648I|||You cant. Well, you can but your better off buying a new car.|||Yes, you can. I saw someone modding a Corolla from 110 whp up to 315 whp.


So can the Lancer do it.


The obstacle you have to go thru is:


1. you are looking for a complete rebuild


2. you are going to void the waranty.


3. its going to end up cost A LOT more than buy an Evo from the dealer.


Swaping from a Auto to manual tranny will alrdy cost you $3,000


and you want to talk about a complete engine rebuild? expect to put around $40,000 to it. + $10,000 for ur car's original value


While an Evo MR only cost $35,000

No comments:

Post a Comment