Saturday, November 19, 2011

Does mitsubishi Plan to bring back the Montero to the US?

I've got a 2003 Montero XLS, and It's just about the best SUV I have ever driven, I've been buying monteros for 20 years and I love them, yet Mitsubishi has stopped selling them in the US, they still sell the Pajero (same as Montero) everywhere else, and it looks amazing. Does anyone know if they plan to bring back the montero to the US?|||Thanks to the Endeavor I doubt it. There really isn't a comparable Mitsubishi to your Montero right now... you might be able to call an AWD Endeavor or Outlander similar, but that's as close as it gets. The Endeavor is a great vehicle so you can't go wrong with it, but it is NOT a Montero by any means. The good news is, if you take care of yours you might be able to make it until something returns... keep up with the t-belts, tranny maint., and the common oil leaks (change the valve cover gaskets and tube seals during spark plug changes to avoid doing it at a later date) and your truck will last a LONG time... oh, and throw it in 4wd occasionally when going straight to keep the components from getting used to the 2wd positions and failing down the road.|||MITSUBISHI WILL COME OUT WITH A NEW MONTERO IN 2 YEAR

Report Abuse


|||No. MItsubishi has no immediate plans to bring the Montero over to the US. Sales of the last model Montero was very poor that the company does not find it lucrative anymore. Hopefully soon. I owned a 2002 Limited Montero and I loved it. It was so comfortable and nice to drive around in the snow. The only thing I didn't like about it was it was so underpowered for a 5,000 lb SUV. I called my Montero "The Schoolbus." So spacious!

No comments:

Post a Comment