Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How difficult is it to replace the drivers side power window motor in a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse?

its a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse gt...v6 engine...i am just curious how time-consuming it is in general to replace the motor for the power window...i already have purchased the part, just trying to see what i should expect....thanks in advance|||If you are replacing the regulator, the window must come out. The outer door trim comes off to make a larger opening to pull the window out. The window guide cups must be removed to get the window out. (the round threaded retainers are fun to remove). It's about a 3 hour job and I would recommend having the dealer do it for you. An after market garage is likely to F it up. This is not an easy one!|||I have done it on a Chevrolet before.. hardest part will be getting the door panel off. There should be a clip that goes into the motor and all you have to do is pull it out and put in the new motor on the clip and put your door panel back on but be careful NOT to break the clips that hold the panel on. (this is assuming that chevrolet and mitsubishi are somewhat similar, they should be unless mitsubishi cam up with some crazy assembly)|||I've never done it before, but I have had to have it replaced in my own car. It didn't take them very long at all...I waited while they did and they didn't even charge me for the labor. So I would imagine that it can't be very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment