Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone know where i can get a 2006 mitsubishi montero sport?

I have looked on the internet but all i can find is used ones. I want a brand new one. I think mitsubishi stopped selling them here in the US. So how can i find one?|||They do still make the Montero, so if you want to buy one, my recommendation would be to go to a Mitsubishi dealer...as for the Sport, to my knowledge, it was just a label affixed to the vehicle to make it seem sportier. Nothing on the vehicle actually changed.|||They are over priced hunks of junk. The vehicle is not worth the sum of its parts.





Ask about ten people who own them, see what they have to say and if you still want one then.. go for it!|||The Mitsubishi Montero Sport has been discontinued. For a while now too I think.





You have to ask yourself: Do you really want one? There are better choices out there. (For off roading, a Jeep or Toyota 4Runner; for on road refinement, a Toyota Highlander or Ford Freestye)





But if you still do, I would look at the regular Montero. Be warned that the Montero and Montero Sport are two TOTALLY different vehicles. The Montero is larger with 3 rows of seats while the Montero Sport is smaller and somewhat cheaper. (at least they were a few years back)





I'm assuming you can't spend more than $100,000 because theoretically you could import one legally into the US from Saudi Arabia or something. But you would have to submit ten or fifteen identical Montero Sports to NHTSA to crash test them, then you have to retrofit them to fit US Emissions and crash safety standards. The cost? Millions. Or so I've read.





Just skip the Montero Sport. It wasn't a great SUV five years ago, it certainly won't be one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment