Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Anyone else deal with the Mitsubishi powertrain warranty?

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavoor. My engine overheated to the point of no return yesterday. The dealer says that the warranty won't cover it because "it got so hot." As if I held a propane torch to it and did it on purpose! The car has 70,000 miles on it. I got regular oil changed along the way, and it never needed anything more than average maintenance (air filters, fluids topped off).





Anyone have any experience dealing with Mitsubishi and their 100,000 warranty?|||If you have the proof of maintenance, then don't admit to anything except the right to have their warranty honored! The dealer and manufacturer has to accommodate the average owner's ability to minimize damage to the car when things go wrong. So I would stick up for my rights under the power train warranty, and check with other dealers if necessary. Then I would take the claim to the manufacturer's regional representative for all dealers. My daughter had a similar claim under Hyundai's engine powertrain warranty, and at first they "stonewalled" the claim saying she hadn't maintained the car properly, but when shown proof of maintenance, they replaced the engine. Since then the car has been ok. Remember that the service representative your dealing with is simply saying what he or she thinks the company's position is, but they in no way can really speak for what the proper manufacturer settlement should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment